Questions? Feedback? powered by Olark live chat software
caramel & cocoa

Caramel & Cocoa - cooking, parenting, fashion, diy, eating, living, a blog

Monday, April 23, 2012

Spanx in Action



I had my very first Spanx experience last weekend and even though I am reluctant (embarrassed !?!) to post snapshots, I am doing it. I bought this dress two years ago, thinking it would fit me eventually & well it hasn't really. I can get into it but it is not flattering in the slightest because it hugs the bumps and emphasizes all the little imperfections in my figure, highlighting them further when I sit, move or breathe.

If you read my post about how uncomfortable I feel in dresses  then you know I often just shroud or layer clothes over myself to disguise the bumpy lumpy bits. As uncomfortable and tight that the darn thing was getting into, it was not too bad to actually wear. Don't get me wrong, by 4am it was a relief to get out of it but until then even trips to the toilet were not too bad & I did use a middle strap to keep it from running down.

As you can see from the photos, it kind of just smooths everything out nicely. My dress fit fabulously, but most important to me, I was able to let my hair loose and just go crazy on the dance floor with an incredible confidence, last experienced sometime around 2004.

I am so happy with my purchase. Thanks "S" for the heads up. I am still working on my appearance but yes, this really gave me the boost I needed, albeit for one night.


1 comment:

  1. You look lovely in the dress! So glad they did the job well. :) x

    ReplyDelete